Wed, Jun 21|
CCCE Virtual Event
CCCE Virtual Event - Finding your Place in the AI Landscape
Time & Location
Jun 21, 12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. EDT
CCCE Virtual Event
This event is now only available VIRTUALLY. Register below to ATTEND VIRTUALLY.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) continues to revolutionize the way we live and work as human resources and learning professionals. As AI becomes more prevalent, it is essential to understand how we can thrive in a workplace where machines and software are increasingly capable of performing tasks previously done by humans.
In this session, we will:
- discuss the ways we can harness the power of AI to improve our work lives and businesses while also addressing the potential challenges that come with this technology
- discuss the current state of AI, including its strengths and limitations
- consider the ethical implications of AI and how we can ensure that its development and use align with our values as corporate citizens and the society, at large
- discuss strategies for adapting to this new era of automation
- look ahead to the future of AI and consider what lies ahead as the technology continues to evolve
At the conclusion of this session, you will have gained a deeper comprehension of the possibilities and difficulties posed by AI and will possess practical knowledge and tactics to excel in the evolving dynamics of our workplace.
Dr. Robin Yap
With seven academic degrees and a diverse background spanning over three decades, Dr. Robin Yap possesses an interdisciplinary background in areas such as learning, performance, and talent management, social data analytics, ethics of AI and robotics, and applied technology in business and entrepreneurship. Robin has authored five university textbooks and compendia for Pearson publications and McGraw Hill publications. He is a professor at George Brown College and holds the esteemed position of Canadian Chair for the International Standards Organisation (ISO) Learning Services standards based in Switzerland. He is on the board of CCCE.
Edward Perry, MBA
With over three decades of cross-functional expertise spanning Sales and Marketing, eCommerce, HR, and Hospitality and Technology, Edward Perry has established himself as a seasoned professional. He is the CEO and Founder of Point North and also imparts knowledge to MBA and post-graduate business students at Fairleigh Dickinson University (USA), George Brown College (Canada), and Seneca College
(Canada). Edward has authored three university textbooks (ECommerce, Apple Textbooks; Organizational Behaviour, Pearson Publication) and compendia (Training and Development, Pearson Publication).